Sunday, September 30, 2012

A wooly sense of style. By S.
















I love it when I unexpectedly come across talented designers who think out of the box. I love being surprised! That is precisely what happened when I discovered the very unique pieces of the British designer-maker Melanie Porter. A knitted cushion is nothing out of the ordinary, but what about a knitted lampshade or chair? As well as creating fabulously chunky cushions and throws, Porter also takes second-hand vintage pieces and reimagines them with knitted covers. Maybe not too great for the warmer climates, but in the Northern hemisphere where autumn is creeping up these soft colorful pieces will be more than welcome, I am sure.



2 comments:

  1. I love all of these bright colors! The patchwork chair is so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Jackie! The patchwork chair is quite something, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete