Monday, October 29, 2012

The Eames Chair in the home office. By S.
























This great chair created by the world-famous designer couple Charles & Ray Eames for Herman Miller in the mid Twentieth Century is living a glorious revival in all spaces of the contemporary home, specially the dining room and the home office. It is quite affordable (about US$300) and I encourage you to go out and buy it if you think your home office needs that extra specialness! 

I have been in love with this chair for a few years and I have made a commitment to myself to stop coveting it for once and for all and to go out and get it! I am currently using a Vitra Panton Chair in my home office but I think I'll transfer that one to my son's bedroom and replace it with a cool Eames Molded Plastic Chair in white with wooden legs (like the one in the last image). Definitely, absolutely.


All Images via Pinterest


Did you enjoy this post? Check out another great 20th Century designer chair here


1 comment: